By: Donna Rudolph
My dad went from calling me his little fire cracker to his little Jeanie Bug. He had nicknames for everyone. My 2 sisters and brother had their own nicknames by my father.
I always thought I was special because, for 1.) my dad said so and 2.) I was born on the 4th of July.
What is it they say? She was a legend in her own mind… all the parades and all the fireworks, cook-outs and general good times, were all due to me because it was my birthday.
It really didn’t take that long for me to outgrow that notion. (Rude awakenings—siblings—you’re NOT special!) Oh well, a person can always dream!
I know one who thinks I’m special—(besides my parents, my husband and children and grandchildren) and that is Jesus. He loves me with an unending love….
He says so in His Word:
* Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6
* How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:7
* But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. Psalm 52:8
* But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:18
* For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead. Psalm 86:13
* Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
I could go on and on, but you get the idea. All through the Bible, God proclaims His love for us (not just me!) through Jesus Christ His Son. He gave His Son so we would not perish! He took our sins and paid our price! Oh, what a love!! You’ve never been loved so thoroughly or deeply, never earning it. It has been given to you as a gift; all you have to do is accept it! That’s all, how simple, yet how profound!
Have you felt loved and special like this? All you have to do is accept the gift of salvation… and Jesus Christ will come into your life and show you just how very much He loves you!! Do it today…”for today is the day of Salvation, now is the accepted time!” II Corinthians 6:2.
Do it today while you still can. After death it is too late.
In Christ Jesus,