ST. PAUL’S REFORMED CHURCH
- Bingo at Abernethy Laurels, 2;30 PM. Everyone is invited!
- Wednesday Night Fellowship, 5:30 PM. We will be packing our Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes after our meal.
- Bible Study, 6:30 PM
- No Adult Choir .
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24
- Fourth Sermon in our series, “Tough Questions for Christians”.
- Deadline for Newsletter Articles.
- Thank you so much to all the people that came out to help in our Operation Christmas Child Shoebox preparation! It was a huge help!
- Help Needed for November 18-19, 10 AM to 12 PM and November 20th, 11 AM– 1 PM to help finish preparations for the Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. Please see Martha Headrick.
- We are having card showers for the following special birthdays! You may put cards in the marked boxes in the Narthex, or you may mail directly.
- We continue to collect grocery size bags for The Corner Table and ECCCM even though the announcement will not in the bulletin each week. Please place bags in the cart across from the kitchen. Thank you to those who have been contributing.
- Please remember our Operation Christmas Child Project. No special offerings are being taken up. Just put your check or envelope in the regular of offering with your check or envelope make OCC or Shoeboxes.
- Online Church Directory-Do we have your picture online? If you don’t have your picture online in our directory, please supply the church office a photograph so that the pastor and other church members are able to match a name with a face. Thank you!
- Prayer Requests may be sent to the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 828-465-0931You may also call Donna Rudolph at 828-638-8856 **We now have a phone tree prayer chain for updates (for those of you who do not have a computer or receive email.) If you would like to be included in this, please contact Donna. Office hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs. 9 AM-3 PM and Fri. 9 AM-4 PM or you may leave a message.
- HEAR AND SEE THE MESSAGE AGAIN! If you would like a DVD copy of the worship services at St. Paul’s please contact Donna Rudolph at email@example.com or please contact the church office at 465-0931 or you may watch the Worship Service on our You Tube channel stpaulsreformed or on our website: www.stpaulsreformedchurch.com
- SIGN UP TO PUT FLOWERS ON THE ALTAR! If you would like to place flowers on the altar in honor or memory of someone, please sign-up outside the church office. Fill out an information sheet located in the hallway beside the calendar and place in the secretary’s box in the narthex or in the box on the office door. Please note: St. Paul’s uses ABC Florist at (828) 466-1234 or Lester Lane at (704) 462-2406. If you would like to contact them for your needs, we have made arrangements with them for delivery. You may call them or you may use a florist of your choice. If you are going to use your own florist, please call the church office to make arrangements for delivery. (Please be sure to sign up on the flower chart calendar in the hallway outside of the office)
- Instant Church Directory Mobile App NEW FEATURE!!!!! All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link: http://www.instantchurchdirectory.com/app You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries. If new to download the app, you will need to make a new account, enter your email and a password. This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory.
Job Opportunity!! Music Director/Organist
Experience required, salary negotiable. Must be available Sundays and Wednesdays, holidays, special events (weddings/funerals). Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or St. Paul’s Reformed Church 3562 Startown Road, Newton, NC 28658. Attn: Pastor Rick Crotts.
Wednesday morning Bible Study,
10 AM AND Wednesday evenings at
6:30 PM for those who wish to
come to one or both!
WEDNESDAY NIGHT FELLOWSHIP
NOVEMBER 20th, 2019
TIME: 5:30 PM
Price is $5.00
Menu: SPAGHETTI, SALAD, GARLIC BREAD, BEVERAGE AND DESSERT
PROGRAM: OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOX ASSEMBLY
Reservation forms are due on Monday, NOVEMBER 18th by 12 PM, so we may have an accurate meal count. Please fill out the attached form and place in the offering plate or you may call the church office at 828-465-0931. Please plan to attend for a delicious meal. You may also sign up on the easel in the Narthex for attendance, number of meals and if you would like to bring a dessert.
Desserts are appreciated!
Please plan to be a part of this wonderful time of food, fun and fellowship! Tear off the reservation form and place in the offering plate or in the box marked WNF in the Narthex.
The youth group needs your help–
We are collecting items for 40 chemo kits to be given to the Oncology floor and Infusion Center at Catawba Valley Medical Center. We purchased, put together and delivered 40 kits just before Easter. This is such a blessing to the patients. We enclose a handwritten note in each bag as a reminder that they are not alone in this journey. If you would like to come along with us and donate items for the kits, please check the list located on the orange Youth Poster outside of the office for items needed. Thank you!
If you have questions or donations for this project, please see Cindy Shugart or one of our youth.
Christmas Eve Nativity Program – If your child/children (all ages) would be in interested in
participating in a Christmas Program during our Christmas Eve service, please complete the form below and place in the offering plate or in the box located at the front door. We also need volunteers to help plan and coordinate the program. Questions or comments, please see or call Patsy Davis,
828-234-1529. Thank you for participating.
(Please place completed forms in the WNF box on the table by the door in the Narthex.)
Phone or email_______________________________________________
I would be happy to volunteer: Name_____________________________
LITURGIST MINISTRY SIGN-UP
If you would be interested in reading the scripture for the service out loud in front of the church, please sign up and place in the offering plate. You may also email the church office at email@example.com or call (828) 465-0931. We will need your name, phone number and email. Thank you!
JOIN OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL!!
9:00 AM EVERY SUNDAY
Pre K – 2nd Grade: Tami Elmore
3rd – 7th Grade: Cathy Flowers
(Opposite Pastor’s Office)
High School: Cindy Shugart
Children’s Church: Cathy Flowers
(Right after Children’s Sermon with the Pastor)
3 Adult Classes to choose from!
NEWTON CORNER TABLE NEEDS FOR NOVEMBER…
SUGAR, KETCHUP, SNACK SIZE CRACKERS, GREEN BEANS
**Please place all items in the cart
Located outside of the kitchen.
As always, your support is Appreciated!
COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING SERVICE
We will be joining Coulters Grove this
Year for a joint Thanksgiving Service, along with St. Paul Lutheran. The service will be
November 24th at 5 PM. Pastor Rob will be preaching the sermon for this service.
If you would like to participate in the joint choir,
please arrive at 4:30 PM. There will be a reception immediately
following the service for light refreshments. We look forward to
seeing everyone there!
4513 STARTOWN ROAD
NEWTON, NC 28658
Contribute to the monthly Newsletter,
Do you have an announcement
or an article
you would like to see in the newsletter?
If so, please contact the church office at
You may also submit announcements or
articles by placing them in the
church secretary’s box in the narthex
or in the box
located on the
church office door.
Sign up on our website to
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Instant Church Directory Mobile App
NEW FEATURE!!!!! (AND NEW INFORMATION)
All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link:
You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries.
This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory.
DO WE HAVE YOUR PICTURE? IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE BESIDE YOUR NAME FOR THE ONLINE DIRECTORY, PLEASE BE SURE TO SUPPLY THE CHURCH OFFICE WITH A PICTURE SO WE CAN GET IT ONLINE. THIS HELPS THE PASTOR AND OTHER MEMBERS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND KNOW YOUR NAME!
CHURCH MEMBER LOGIN MADE SIMPLER!!
Thanks to feedback from users like yourself, we’ve taken the first steps toward creating a unified login system. That means each church member will have one user name and password to access your church directory, no matter the device.
What has changed?
If a church member has already received a generated password for their mobile device, they can use that password now to log into the Online Member Directory with their email address at InstantChurchDirectory.com.
If a church member has already created a password for the Online Member Directory at InstantChurchDirectory.com, they can use that password now to log into any mobile app.
Can a church member change their password?
Yes. A church member can change their password by logging into members.InstantChurchDirectory.com and selecting “Update Password.” Once they update their password there, it becomes the password they use for all login purposes (Online Member Directory and all mobile apps).
Can a church member change their user name?
No. In order to ensure that you, as the administrator, have complete control over who can access your church directory, the user name is limited to the church member’s email address as it’s listed in your church directory.
PRAYER CHAIN NEWS—
Please Note:. If you have not signed up to be on the prayer chain, please sign up on the sheet in your bulletin or you may email the church office. List your name, email address and/or your phone number. Emails will go out via the internet and for those of you who do not have a computer/email, we will notify you via phone tree. Please be aware your prayer requests from Sunday Bulletin will be shared on the prayer chain. If you have a prayer request of a personal nature, please come to the Pastor with your request, do not put it on the comment section of your bulletin. You MUST sign up to be included on the prayer chain. We will not automatically put you on without your permission because of legalities. You may also contact the church office at 828-465-0931 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BORDERLESS LOVE MINISTRIES
Be sure t o visit our new website: