ST. PAUL’S REFORMED CHURCH
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
- The Youth will be meeting after school at 3:30 PM. Snacks, fun and a Pro-verbs study will be included along with supper around 6 PM.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
- Bible Talks, 10 AM.
- No Hearts to Homes.
- Bingo at Abernethy Laurels, 2:30 PM.
- Wednesday Evening Meal- “Meet & Greet”, 6 PM. Light appetizers at 5:45pm. (see insert)
- Adult Choir, 7 PM.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
- Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) Begins at Sundown.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1
- CWF Meeting, 8 AM. Devotions and hostess, Doris Frindt.
- Hurricane Relief: The church is accepting contributions for hurricane relief for the 2 weeks. Place your gift in the regular offering plate, and if you choose, designate for RED CROSS or SAMARITAN’S PURSE. If there is no designation on the contribution, it will be divided equally between the two agencies. Thank you.
- Please pray for our missionary, Michelle Eastty. Michelle is with Joy Media Ministries in Alaska.
- Congregational Meeting, October 8 to approve the 2018 budget.
- HOMECOMING—at the old white church on the THIRD Sunday in October, October 15 at 10:30 AM. A catered luncheon will be served in the Fellowship Hall immediately following the worship service. Cost $5.00.
- St. Paul’s Day to volunteer at ECCCM is Monday, October 2. Any amount of time between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM is greatly appreciated.
- The Young at Heart will be attending the Foothills Folk Festival in Newton on Saturday, October 7. Festival begins at 10 AM. Plan to meet in the parking lot of the old Honey’s IGA at 9:50 AM to car pool into downtown Newton.
- Eastern Catawba County annual Hunger Walk is Sunday, October 15, at 2 PM. All proceeds from the walk go to ECCCM and The Corner Table. If you would like to walk or sponsor a walker with a donation, please see Anita.
- FALL FESTIVAL, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST, 4-6 PM. Inflatable, hayride, games, balloons, music, food and more!! Volunteers are needed! Please see Candace Childers if you have a question or are interested in helping. Next Volunteer Meeting, October 9th, 6:30 PM Please sign up in the narthex if you are interested in helping with the Fall Festival or in giving donations of candy to give for prizes. All help is appreciated!!
- Thank you for all the prayers, thoughts, visits and flowers during my surgeries. Ivan Posten.
- Gratefully acknowledging and thanking you for your kind expression of sympathy, The Family of Pauline Setzer. Thank you so much for the beautiful arrangement you sent to Mom’s service. Also, my most sincere gratitude for allowing us to use your church and the Choir singing. It was such a blessing. Beth Poarch.
- Please remember our Operation Christmas Child Project. No special offerings are being taken up. Just put your check or envelope in the regular of offering with your check or envelope make OCC or Shoeboxes.
- Please be sure to pick up your new CWF Service Booklet available on the table in the Narthex.
- Online Church Directory-Do we have your picture online? If you don’t have your picture online in our directory, please supply the church office a photograph so that the pastor and other church members are able to match a name with a face. Thank you!
- Prayer Requests may be sent to the Church Office: email@example.com or you may call 828-465-0931You may also call Donna Rudolph at 828-638-8856 **We now have a phone tree prayer chain for updates (for those of you who do not have a computer or receive email.) If you would like to be included in this, please contact Donna. Office hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs. 9 AM-3 PM and Fri. 9 AM-4 PM or you may leave a message
- HEAR AND SEE THE MESSAGE AGAIN! If you would like a DVD copy of the worship services at St. Paul’s please contact Donna Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org or please contact the church office at 465-0931 or you may watch the Worship Service on our You Tube channel stpaulsreformed or on our website: www.stpaulsreformedchurch.com
- SIGN UP TO PUT FLOWERS ON THE ALTAR! If you would like to place flowers on the altar in honor or memory of someone, please sign-up outside the church office. Fill out an information sheet located in the hallway beside the calendar and place in the secretary’s box in the narthex or in the box on the office door. Please note: St. Paul’s uses ABC Florist at (828) 466-1234 or Lester Lane at (704) 462-2406. If you would like to contact them for your needs, we have made arrangements with them for delivery. You may call them or you may use a florist of your choice. If you are going to use your own florist, please call the church office to make arrangements for delivery. (Please be sure to sign up on the flower chart calendar in the hallway outside of the office)
- Instant Church Directory Mobile App NEW FEATURE!!!!! All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link: http://www.instantchurchdirectory.com/app You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries. If new to download the app, you will need to make a new account, enter your email and a password. This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory.
JOIN OUR CHOIR and make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
What is necessary?
A willing voice with a practice hour on Wednesday evening at 7 PM and a seat in the choir on Sunday morning to sing praises to our Lord! Also plan to join the group in preparation for the Christmas Cantata that will be performed during the worship service on Sunday,
We will be delighted to have part-time
or full-time choir members!
Rehearsals begin in early October.
“MEET AND GREET BEFORE WE EAT!”
Meet and Greet Social Time: 5:45 PM
Join us a few minutes before the 6 PM serving time, and enjoy a simple appetizer as you fellowship with others.
Menu: Soup and Salad Bar,
Beverage and Dessert
Meal serving Time: 6 PM— Price: $4.00
Your help is Appreciated!! The format will be as usual with reservation forms requested by Monday, SEPTEMBER 24TH or at the latest by 10 am on Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 27TH for an accurate meal count. You may also call the Church office—465-0931. Plan to attend for a delicious meal. You may sign up on the sheet on the easel in the Narthex if you would like to bring dessert. Desserts are appreciated! Please plan to be a part of this wonderful time of food, fun and fellowship!! Tear off the reservation form and place in the box marked
at the old white church on the THIRD Sunday in October,
October 15 at 10:30 AM.
Please join us for a catered luncheon to be served in the Fellowship Hall immediately following the worship service.
MENU: Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Baked Pork Loin
Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Slaw, Deviled Eggs
Rolls, Beverages & Assorted Desserts
Cost $5.00 at the door
Reservation forms are requested by Thursday, October 12th, for an accurate meal count. You may also call the church office at 828-465-0931. Please fill a reservation form with name and number of meals and place in the box marked in the Narthex. Desserts from the congregation will be much appreciated! Please plan to attend for a delicious meal and fellowship!
1:00 to 3:00 PM
Inflatable, hayride, games, balloons, music, food and more!!
Volunteers are needed! Next meeting is October 9th at 6:30 PM.
Please sign up in the Narthex if you would like to volunteer.
Please see Candace Childers if you have a question or are interested in helping.
JOIN OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL!!
9:00 AM EVERY SUNDAY
Pre K – 2nd Grade: Tami Elmore
3rd – 7th Grade: Cathy Flowers
(Opposite Pastor’s Office)
High School: Cindy Shugart
Children’s Church: Cathy Flowers
(Right after Children’s Sermon with the Pastor)
3 Adult Classes to choose from!
**PLEASE PLACE ALL ITEMS IN THE CART LOCATED IN THE NARTHEX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
NEWTON CORNER TABLE NEEDS FOR SEPTEMBER …
Ranch Dressing, Mayonnaise,
Peanut Butter Crackers, Potted Meat
Contribute to the monthly Newsletter,
Do you have an announcement
or an article
you would like to see in the newsletter?
If so, please contact the church office at
You may also submit announcements or
articles by placing them in the
church secretary’s box in the narthex
or in the box
located on the
church office door.
Sign up on our website to
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Instant Church Directory Mobile App
All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link:
You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries.
This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory.
DO WE HAVE YOUR PICTURE? IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE BESIDE YOUR NAME FOR THE ONLINE DIRECTORY, PLEASE BE SURE TO SUPPLY THE CHURCH OFFICE WITH A PICTURE SO WE CAN GET IT ONLINE. THIS HELPS THE PASTOR AND OTHER MEMBERS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND KNOW YOUR NAME!
CHURCH MEMBER LOGIN MADE SIMPLER!!
Thanks to feedback from users like yourself, we’ve taken the first steps toward creating a unified login system. That means each church member will have one user name and password to access your church directory, no matter the device.
What has changed?
If a church member has already received a generated password for their mobile device, they can use that password now to log into the Online Member Directory with their email address at InstantChurchDirectory.com.
If a church member has already created a password for the Online Member Directory at InstantChurchDirectory.com, they can use that password now to log into any mobile app.
Can a church member change their password?
Yes. A church member can change their password by logging into members.InstantChurchDirectory.com and selecting “Update Password.” Once they update their password there, it becomes the password they use for all login purposes (Online Member Directory and all mobile apps).
Can a church member change their user name?
No. In order to ensure that you, as the administrator, have complete control over who can access your church directory, the user name is limited to the church member’s email address as it’s listed in your church directory.
PRAYER CHAIN NEWS—
Please Note:. If you have not signed up to be on the prayer chain, please sign up on the sheet in your bulletin or you may email the church office. List your name, email address and/or your phone number. Emails will go out via the internet and for those of you who do not have a computer/email, we will notify you via phone tree. Please be aware your prayer requests from Sunday Bulletin will be shared on the prayer chain. If you have a prayer request of a personal nature, please come to the Pastor with your request, do not put it on the comment section of your bulletin. You MUST sign up to be included on the prayer chain. We will not automatically put you on without your permission because of legalities. You may also contact the church office at 828-465-0931 or email: email@example.com.
BORDERLESS LOVE MINISTRIES
Be sure t o visit our new website: