ST. PAUL’S REFORMED CHURCH
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23
- Transfiguration Sunday. We will look at this deeply meaningful story of the transfiguration of the Lord and talk about the significance of that mysterious passage for our lives.
- Missions Ministry Meeting immediately following the worship service.
- Deadline for Newsletter Articles.
- Easter Lily orders and payment must be turned in today. Please turn in to Jeanne Jarrett, Martha Headrick or the church office.
- Bible Study for high school, college age students AND parents! Begins at 6 PM. See Chelsea West for more information.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24
- Youth will meet, 6:30 PM
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26
- Ash Wednesday Service at 12 Noon at St. Paul’s Reformed
- Ash Wednesday joint service with St. Paul Lutheran at 7 PM
SUNDAY, MARCH 1
- The first Sunday of Lent we begin our Lenten sermon series entitled “Journey to Jerusalem.” The Gospel writers tell us that from the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus began His journey to Jerusalem where He would die. Luke says that Jesus “set His face to go to Jerusalem.” During this series we will walk with Jesus to Jerusalem and listen in as He prepares His disciples for His death and the ministry that awaits them.
- There will be a Congregational Meeting to vote on a new Consistory member, immediately following the worship service.
- There will be a short interest meeting for children’s ministry volunteers following the Congregational meeting. Please sign up in the Narthex if you would like to volunteer.
- Help Needed!! We need volunteers for the upcoming Easter Sunrise Service Breakfast on April 12th. There are sign up sheets on the table in the Narthex, please sign up if you can help, thank you!!
- New Address: Dawn Smith; Conover Nursing Center 920 4th St., SW, Conover, NC 28613.
- CHURCH MEMBERSHIP—If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of the St. Paul’s Church family, Pastor Rob is happy to meet with you. Just call the church office to make an appointment.
- If you attend our services regularly but are not members and would like your name, address, email, birthday, or anniversary listed in our directory, please see Martha Headrick or contact the church office firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-465-0931.
- Needed: People to sign up to be communion preparers. See Martha Headrick. Preparers are needed for Easter, May. June, July & August.
- Please pray for our Missionaries, Alan and Lucilia Vogel. Alan and Lucilia are with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Brazil.
- We continue to collect grocery size bags for The Corner Table and ECCCM even though the announcement will not in the bulletin each week. Please place bags in the cart in the Narthex. Thank you to those who have been contributing.
- Please remember our Operation Christmas Child Project. No special offerings are being taken up. Just put your check or envelope in the regular of offering with your check or envelope make OCC or Shoeboxes.
- Online Church Directory-Do we have your picture online? If you don’t have your picture online in our directory, please supply the church office a photograph so that the pastor and other church members are able to match a name with a face. Thank you!
- Prayer Requests may be sent to the Church Office: email@example.com or you may call 828-465-0931 You may also call Donna Rudolph at 828-638-8856 **We now have a phone tree prayer chain for updates (for those of you who do not have a computer or receive email.) If you would like to be included in this, please contact Donna. Office hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs. 9 AM-3 PM and Fri. 9 AM-4 PM or you may leave a message.
- HEAR AND SEE THE MESSAGE AGAIN! If you would like a DVD copy of the worship services at St. Paul’s please contact Donna Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org or please contact the church office at 465-0931 or you may watch the Worship Service on our You Tube channel stpaulsreformed or on our website: www.stpaulsreformedchurch.com
- SIGN UP TO PUT FLOWERS ON THE ALTAR! If you would like to place flowers on the altar in honor or memory of someone, please sign-up outside the church office. Fill out an information sheet located in the hallway beside the calendar and place in the secretary’s box in the narthex or in the box on the office door. Please note: St. Paul’s uses ABC Florist at (828) 466-1234 or Lester Lane at (704) 462-2406. If you would like to contact them for your needs, we have made arrangements with them for delivery. You may call them or you may use a florist of your choice. If you are going to use your own florist, please call the church office to make arrangements for delivery. (Please be sure to sign up on the flower chart calendar in the hallway outside of the office)
- Instant Church Directory Mobile App NEW FEATURE!!!!! All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link: http://www.instantchurchdirectory.com/app You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries. If new to download the app, you will need to make a new account, enter your email and a password. This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory
- For the month of March the youth will be visiting shut-ins every other week. We will be visiting during our Monday night meetings, so the visits will happen on March 2nd, March 15th, and March 29th. Anyone is welcome to come with us, we would love to have you!
- The Youth will be sponsoring an Easter egg hunt the weekend before Easter! We will begin asking for donations and volunteers in the next several weeks. This will be a community event, so invite your friends and family!
- Children’s information: We will be kicking off a weekly children’s ministry meeting at the beginning of April. I will have more information in the coming weeks!
- There will be a short interest meeting for children’s ministry volunteers following service on March 1st. Please add your name to the sign-up sheet in the narthex if you would like to volunteer.
- (828) 200-0475 or email@example.com
Available on the
table in the
narthex!! Please be sure to pick up your copy so we can worship together this Lenten Season.
OUR SCHEDULE FOR LENT
- Ash Wednesday Service at 12 Noon on February 26th at St. Paul’s Reformed. (No 10:00 AM Bible Study)
- Ash Wednesday joint service with St. Paul Lutheran, February 26th at St. Paul Lutheran, 7 PM. (No 6:30 PM Bible Study at St. Paul’s Reformed)
- 1st Sunday of Lent-March 1st
- 2nd Sunday of Lent-March 8th
- 3rd Sunday of Lent-March 15th
- 4th Sunday of Lent-March 22nd
- 5th Sunday of Lent-March 29nd
- Palm Sunday-April 5th
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 9th, 6:30 PM
- Good Friday Service, April 10th, 7 PM, will be a joint service at St. Paul Lutheran Church.
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 12th, 7 AM at St. Paul’s Memorial Park.
- Joint breakfast immediately following the Sunrise Service on April 12th in the fellowship hall at St. Paul’s Reformed.
- Easter Worship Service, April 12th, 10 AM.
Wednesday morning Bible Study,
10 AM AND Wednesday evenings at
6:30 PM for those who wish to
come to one or both! (No 10 AM or 6:30 PM Bible Study on Ash Wednesday, February 26)
PLEASE SIGN UP TO HELP!!
LITURGIST MINISTRY SIGN-UP
If you would be interested in reading the scripture for the service out loud in front of the church, please sign up and place in the offering plate. You may also email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 465-0931. We will need your name, phone number and email. Thank you!
JOIN OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL!!
9:00 AM EVERY SUNDAY
Pre K – 2nd Grade: Tami Elmore
3rd – 7th Grade: Cathy Flowers
(Opposite Pastor’s Office)
High School: Cindy Shugart
Children’s Church: Cathy Flowers
(Right after Children’s Sermon with the Pastor)
3 Adult Classes to choose from!
NEWTON CORNER TABLE NEEDS FOR FEBRUARY…
POTTED MEAT, SNACK CRACKERS, VIENNA SAUSAGE,
SNACK SIZE PUDDING CUPS
**Please place all items in the cart
Located in the Narthex.
As always, your support is Appreciated!
Contribute to the monthly Newsletter,
Do you have an announcement
or an article
you would like to see in the newsletter?
If so, please contact the church office at
You may also submit announcements or
articles by placing them in the
church secretary’s box in the narthex
or in the box
located on the
church office door.
Sign up on our website to
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Instant Church Directory Mobile App
NEW FEATURE!!!!! (AND NEW INFORMATION)
All of our church members/visitors can now view our church directory from your iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle Fire by downloading the free Instant Church Directory Members App. All members/visitors need to do is to search for “Instant Church Directory” in the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore, or go directly to this link:
You will be able to access all of our church member/visitor information, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries.
This comes in handy if you are out and about without your paper copy of our directory.
DO WE HAVE YOUR PICTURE? IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE BESIDE YOUR NAME FOR THE ONLINE DIRECTORY, PLEASE BE SURE TO SUPPLY THE CHURCH OFFICE WITH A PICTURE SO WE CAN GET IT ONLINE. THIS HELPS THE PASTOR AND OTHER MEMBERS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND KNOW YOUR NAME!
CHURCH MEMBER LOGIN MADE SIMPLER!!
Thanks to feedback from users like yourself, we’ve taken the first steps toward creating a unified login system. That means each church member will have one user name and password to access your church directory, no matter the device.
What has changed?
If a church member has already received a generated password for their mobile device, they can use that password now to log into the Online Member Directory with their email address at InstantChurchDirectory.com.
If a church member has already created a password for the Online Member Directory at InstantChurchDirectory.com, they can use that password now to log into any mobile app.
Can a church member change their password?
Yes. A church member can change their password by logging into members.InstantChurchDirectory.com and selecting “Update Password.” Once they update their password there, it becomes the password they use for all login purposes (Online Member Directory and all mobile apps).
Can a church member change their user name?
No. In order to ensure that you, as the administrator, have complete control over who can access your church directory, the user name is limited to the church member’s email address as it’s listed in your church directory.
PRAYER CHAIN NEWS—
Please Note:. If you have not signed up to be on the prayer chain, please sign up on the sheet in your bulletin or you may email the church office. List your name, email address and/or your phone number. Emails will go out via the internet and for those of you who do not have a computer/email, we will notify you via phone tree. Please be aware your prayer requests from Sunday Bulletin will be shared on the prayer chain. If you have a prayer request of a personal nature, please come to the Pastor with your request, do not put it on the comment section of your bulletin. You MUST sign up to be included on the prayer chain. We will not automatically put you on without your permission because of legalities. You may also contact the church office at 828-465-0931 or email: email@example.com.
BORDERLESS LOVE MINISTRIES
Be sure t o visit our new website: